What is White Privilage

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
What "exactly" is white privilege?

Another person and I were talking about this on a facebook group. The other guy was black. He said everything I had was white privilege, which also meant being raised in a home with both parents. I thought the statement was odd, as in most cultures cultures children are raised in a home with both parents.

Thomas Sowell has talked about the divorce rate in black families. He said one of the worst things that happened to black families was the welfare system. Up until the 1960s the black community had made great strides in family values. He also talked about black freed slaves walking across states to find sold family members. What changed between the 1860s and the 1960s? The creation of the welfare system. The welfare system has also also had a negative effect on white marriages. White families today divorce at around the same rate as blacks in the 1960s.

If we look at asian and hispanic divorce rates, they are lower than either blacks or whites. Does anyone accuse asians or hispanics of being privileged? Probably not.

IamZeke

They label it as a happenstance of birth, but I see it as a state of mind.

If you are willing to work on the fundamentals and try to resist calamity with positive effort then your station in life will usually be higher. Note that you can find minorities that get ahead. The old Tejano families of Texas do very well for themselves, better than even many whites. Blacks that embrace moderate or conservative values and focus on having a science or trade skill background also do pretty well. Asians of multiple stripes from east to west get it done.

Anyone can have white privilege providing they grasp what it entails. Intelligent effort and long term delay of satisfaction in order to reach goals. It never comes automatically. Lots of trailer trash whites are proof of this.

What the term needs is a name change to reflect reality. Positive Effort Privilege is a much better term.

Last edited:
What "exactly" is white privilege?

Another person and I were talking about this on a facebook group. The other guy was black. He said everything I had was white privilege, which also meant being raised in a home with both parents. I thought the statement was odd, as in most cultures cultures children are raised in a home with both parents.

Thomas Sowell has talked about the divorce rate in black families. He said one of the worst things that happened to black families was the welfare system. Up until the 1960s the black community had made great strides in family values. He also talked about black freed slaves walking across states to find sold family members. What changed between the 1860s and the 1960s? The creation of the welfare system. The welfare system has also also had a negative effect on white marriages. White families today divorce at around the same rate as blacks in the 1960s.

If we look at asian and hispanic divorce rates, they are lower than either blacks or whites. Does anyone accuse asians or hispanics of being privileged? Probably not.
Try being a JAP.

IamZeke

So you get it then, some races have hardships that others dont.
You've never visited the rural parts of Louisiana before and met the peckerwoods, have you? Whole lot of slow moving dumb unless they are filling out a government gimmie form. Katrina and Rita came through and half the Fed money spent went into scams and free crap for the locals who didn't need it. They don't weant out of their position in life and they never met a Latino they didn't hate because those folks worked hard and got hired instead of the lazy white cracker. Trying to boil it down to just color fails so often down South. Micro region culture swings wildly and the color advantage shifts frequently.

But you attempt to make a point on top of mine kind of fails when most of the world, both population and land isn't white majority and whites find themselves disadvantaged. Worse they are seen as targets for fleecing or abuse because they see whites as easy targets for graft or revenge at being on the lower end of society in their home country. White priviledge is just an excuse for scapegoating whites because lazy people need someone to blame instead of working harder to rise in their society.